5 Must-Dos to Order Quality and Time-Saving Architectural Rendering
If you have a design and want high-quality renders, you might need help. But how to be sure that a 3D graphics contractor you hire will do the work properly? How to secure yourself from losing money and time?
We have completed dozens of 3D interior rendering projects and know what are the secrets of quality architectural rendering. You must choose the right interior rendering services, prepare the source materials, mention the necessary details, and take several other steps. More about architectural rendering outsourcing must-dos below.
What You Must Do to Start Outsourcing 3D Rendering in the Right Way
If you do everything right, 3D interior rendering outsourcing will save you money and time. Visualization is a separate service from design for a reason and must be delegated to specialists.
1. View the portfolio of the company you want to hire
That’s an obvious step but many designers, business owners, and project managers skip it. Actions speak louder than words. Hence, you should always check out the completed visualizations of the vendor. It’s better when the hired company has already worked with similar types of designs. You will be able to evaluate the quality of their work before investing money and making a long-term commitment.
2. Decide what kind of architectural rendering you need 3D images differ depending on the complexity of visualizations, multidimensionality, and the number of angles. There are also static and dynamic models. You won’t need them all.
Therefore, ordering visualizations, it’s better to choose a specific style or ask the hired company for professional advice. Generally, you will select from the next options:
- Static visualizations. These are standard images showcasing specific angles or parts of an interior. Static visualizations can be angular (focus on 2-3 walls), frontal (focus on the main wall), and close-up (focus on the most important object). This type of visualization is universal.
- Walkthroughs. These are animations that allow viewers to take a tour for a real-life experience. Walkthroughs are popular for pub and restaurant visualizations.
- Panoramic. These are 360-degree images that show an interior from all the possible angles. They are more often used for architectural projects than for interior designs.
Learn more about different types of interior visualizations
3. Finalize the project before requesting architectural rendering
When people order 3D interior rendering, sometimes they send outdated project specifications, wrong colors, non-existing decor, etc. Later on, they share new details that affect the technical task and project duration. As a result, the completion requires more money and time than expected, and the customers end up disappointed.
To avoid such issues, we recommend finalizing the design before contacting an architectural visualization agency. This will allow visualization specialists to estimate the time and budget. Besides, the work will be finished much faster and is more likely to meet your needs.
Want to know more about rendering deadlines? Read this article.
4. Provide all the necessary details
To get quality visual materials, you need to provide as much information about the interior and exterior as possible. Rendering is not a creative process. The final result will be 100% based on the input. Therefore, make sure to share the next details:
- Floor plan with dimensions and furniture placement in the PDF, DWG, PLA, or PLN format.
- Photos of the interior/building/place if it already exists.
- Material selection with the names, color/texture samples, links to the manufacturer in the PDF or JPEG format.
- Furniture and decor selection with photos, names, dimensions, links to the manufacturer/supplier in the PDF or JPEG format.
- Light fixtures selection and their extract location on the floor plan.
- Desired points of view marked on the floor plan.
- Ceiling plan if there are constructive or decorative elements that must be included.
- Sketches of the space if you have used them to create a design.
If you have 3D models of the furniture, they can also be helpful for an interior rendering services company. Although at Kucheriavi Studio, we create all visualizations from scratch, in some cases, ready-made models can considerably speed up architectural rendering. Besides, we use the provided models only if we are 100% sure of their quality.
5. Constantly communicate with the 3D graphics contractor
The quality of architectural rendering is heavily based on communication. When you contact the vendor, you need to clarify what specifications are required and clearly explain your expectations. The communication shouldn’t stop after you share the details.
When the architectural rendering outsourcing vendor asks you questions or requests additional information, make sure to reply. You should also be ready to review intermediate results at different stages to confirm that everything is going in the right direction. This helps to meet the deadlines and get the desired result.
Now, when you know the rules, you are ready to outsource 3D modeling. Share your project with us to get a quote.